Saturday, September 27, 2003

Yesterday was a long day overfilled with walking! We got up & headed right to Animal Kingdom. We were so glad that we went. We had heard some so-so comments about the park, but we really enjoyed ourselves. Took a ton of pictures on the safari ride. Got our picture taken with King Louie from the Jungle Book. Had a yummy lunch. Went to the Tarazan stage show. I was so excited because I thought they were going to have Phil Collins (he sang all of the songs for Tarazan) blasting through the speakers during the show. When it opened, this really goofy lounge singing guy started singing Phil. I was so angry & wanted to get up & leave, but Tim said they had made an announcement that you couldn't leave during the show. So I sat for a half an hour listening to this guy butcher the songs. It was just wrong!!!! We were at Animal Kingdom until 2:30 & then boarded the bus to MGM.

By this time, I was pretty tired. I had bought prizes for Shawn at Animal Kingdom & thought I would rent a locker at MGM, so I didn't have to carry the bag. I go up expecting to hear a $1 or $2 rental that gets returned when you return the key. The lady tells me $7.00. Tim & I must have had a horrified look on our faces b/c half way through she cancelled the order & told us to take the package to package pickup. We left there & I said heck with it & carried the bag. Walked around there, watched the parade, sat in a restuarant & had a pop at the bar & then for some crazy reason, decided at 6pm to head to Epcot to walk the world plaza.

I was so tired by this point! We had nachos in Mexico & then walked around the worlds & headed back to the bus system around 8pm. The bus from Epcot to Animal Kingdom was filled with tired, crying kids. It made me think of Shawn & smile. We got back to the hotel & headed to the hottub & pool for an hour. We then went back to the room, took a shower & then went out to get a take out pizza. Brought the pizza back to the room, ate it & we were asleep by 11.

Not sure what we are going to do today. We just finished showering & we are going to head out for the day. I will do a final blog tonight when we get back.

No comments: